Undergraduate Program in Biology
Associate Chair, Undergraduate Program
- Dr. Joseph Montoya
( Email | 404.385.0479 | EST 1244 )
- Bio@Tech Summer 2013
Online Application Closed
The Undergraduate Program in Biology offers the best of education, faculty, community, culture and living in beautiful Atlanta, Georgia. We seek students who are committed to excellence and serious about the study of biological sciences. The School of Biology emphasizes integrative and systems biology, which facilitates customization of a student’s program of study. The Bachelor of Science degree program consists of a combination of basic core requirements and a wide variety of electives with the goals of:
- acquisition of critical thinking skills necessary for the understanding and practice of science;
- learning the fundamentals of biological sciences;
- gaining an appreciation of the common themes in biology across scales and taxa, especially the following:
- The mechanisms and consequences of evolution (from genes to populations)
- How cells are organized and how cells function within the context of complex systems
- How organisms interact with each other and with their environment, and the consequences of these interactions; and
- preparation of students for careers as biological scientists, physicians, and leaders in government and industry.
Shortly after arriving at Tech, each student is assigned an advisor who will assist in planning the program of study and achieving future goals.
This site is designed to assist you in your decision to further your education. Should you have additional questions regarding the Biology program, feel free to contact the School at 404-894-3700 or the Undergraduate Coordinator. Dr. Joseph Montoya.
General questions regarding admissions should be addressed to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 404.894.4154 or via e-mail: email@example.com.